Living Stones Project
"Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, 'Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.'” (1Peter 2:4-6)
"The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build." (Nehemiah 2:20)
“Then I commanded you at that time, saying: ‘The Lord your God has given you this land to possess'” (Deut. 3:18).
On August 23, 2014, in a discussion with His Eminence, the congregation decided to look for a more permanent location, so that the service may have opportunity to flourish even more.
The search comprised 10 possible locations until finally, on May 15, 2015 we purchased 2.3 Acres in heart of Chino Hills: 14715 Peyton Dr. With God's grace, on May 2016. About 5 years later, we have paid for about half of the total cost, thank God.
On August 8, 2017, the Church received a Conditional Use Permit to build a multipurpose building with 10 classrooms in phase 1, and a Church in phase 2. However, due to the quick rate of growth at HTC, it soon became apparent that we would need to expand both buildings. On April 19, 2019 the Planning Commission denied the modification design, due to landscaping design and the distances between the adjacent homes.
The Church modified the proposal, and resubmitted. Thankfully, on April 21, 2020, the Planning Commission Board of Chino Hills approved the project unanimously!
Phase 1 will consist of the following:
- Parking lot with a capacity of 119 cars
- Two playgrounds and one soccer field
- 15,000 square foot two-story multi-purpose building that contains:
- 334-seat capacity Church, including one cry room and one audio-visual room
- 12 Sunday school classrooms
- 700 square foot Kitchen and pantry
- 950 square foot Multipurpose room
- 2 Clergy Offices
- Separate Bethlehem for preparing Holy Bread
- 4,700 square foot Gymnasium
In Phase 2, God willing, we plan to construct:
- 8,500 square foot Church building
- Tower for "The Lighthouse" bookstore.
- The temporary church in the multipurpose building will be converted into high school regulation gymnasium
- Total number of Sunday school classes would increase to 16 rooms.
- The kitchen will also be expanded.
- We are currently in the process of finalizing the construction documents, which should be completed by August 2020.
- It would then take approximately 3 months for the city to approve the plans, and grant us permits for construction.
- After that, construction for Phase 1 is estimated to take 18 months.
- Please see the timeline of past, present, and future plans for this project below.
- For financial updates, please visit our Fundrasing page.